The Chantry House, Towcester
Founded in 1447 by Archdeacon Sponne, the vicar of St. Lawrence, it was built to house a priest to say Mass for the Archdeacon’s soul. In 1552 it was merged with the Sponne Grammar School. Although mainly rebuilt in 1867, the garden wall and gateway and some of the masonry, particularly the chimney, are of the original 15th Century building. Taken from the lift in front of the Town Hall.